Monday, February 11, 2008

Thing 17 - ELM Productivity Tools

Creating a web page in Ebsco Host was easy and I can see where that would be beneficial for sending information to a student or making the information available for a class project. I created a search alert RSS feed and am pleased that it works perfectly. I'm planning to share these tools with our faculty. Great features. One thing that held me up was the fact that I had created a folder in EbscoHost some time ago and it wouldn't let me access it. I contacted tech support and was finally able to get into the folder this morning when everything clicked perfectly.

NetLibrary is an awesome resource that we have bought into 3 times through MINITEX. Rather than buy current event books that sit on the shelf to be replaced in 3 years, I bought ebooks that are fully searchable 24/7. We even had a situation a year ago when one of the ebooks was the textbook for a course - nice!

We've added Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center and Science Resource Center to InfoTrac and the ATLA Religion Database to EbscoHost. Electronic resources are mainstay of the college library.

Webinars are a must and I enjoy getting information via my desktop. I usually have two laptops in front of me at any given time. Searching one while waiting on the other. My world and I love it!

No comments:

LibGuides

Study like a Scholar

Happy Birthday, Darrell

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

Cynthia's Apartment

Cynthia's Apartment

Map

States where members of our family have lived.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com