Monday, February 25, 2008

Give Blood

Last Monday I gave blood for the third time. I was successful with no bruising for the first time!! The first time I gave, the blood clotted before the bag was full and I had a huge hematoma on my arm. The second time I gave, the nurse poked through my vein and I had another bruised arm. I then gave permission to use the other arm and the tech was successful and I was able to fill the bag for the first time with no bruise. This past time, I set up a time online and mentioned that I didn't mind giving blood, but that I needed to have someone who would be careful. They pulled in the best person at the site and I left there feeling great about the experience. Now I don't dread the next time. Communication is the key to a successful blood draw :-)!

No comments:

LibGuides

Study like a Scholar

Happy Birthday, Darrell

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

Cynthia's Apartment

Cynthia's Apartment

Map

States where members of our family have lived.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com