Monday, August 9, 2010

Librarians and Conservatives

Comment on Will Manley's blog by me: "My experience in Minnesota as the Library Director of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College was always positive and gracious with my librarian friends at SELCO (Southeast Libraries Cooperating) and MINITEX at the University of Minnesota. They may have had liberal viewpoints and I certainly had conservative viewpoints, but that was never an issue in our relationships. The state librarian and I regularly shared ideas on a number of occasions. We benefited from a grant to bring us into the regional system that would have been a win-win for us and the state, but we closed at the end of 2008. They were just as disappointed as we were."

Let me also add on my blog: In 2005, I was given a grant to attend the ACRL Conference in Minneapolis. The leadership of ACRL certainly recognized that I was from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and still granted me a scholarship to attend for the week. My conservatism was not an issue. Yes, there were comments made from the platform of a liberal nature, but I knew that would happen and expected it. My hosts for the conference were always gracious and wanted my input at the sessions I attended. I would attend another ACRL Conference in a minute. I always take the beneficial ideas, and ignore the less helpful ones.

I miss my colleagues in Minnesota and the camaraderie we had together.

No comments:

LibGuides

Study like a Scholar

Happy Birthday, Darrell

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

Cynthia's Apartment

Cynthia's Apartment

Map

States where members of our family have lived.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com