Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cell phone and Facebook

I discovered a neat feature recently when I added the mobile Facebook to my phone. When a post comes into my phone from Facebook, I can respond to the message on my phone and it shows up as a post on my online page. Cool!

I also love the fact that my orthodontist sends me a text message on my phone an hour before my appointment that I can forward to remind my husband that he is covering for me in the library - Neat! The orthodontist even automates the reminder to my email 2 days ahead to confirm the appointment and the day before to send a voice reminder. I wish the rest of medical profession would "go and do likewise." Can you tell that I like the techy stuff with more bells and whistles? The word is that we have just seen the tip of the iceberg of mobile possibilities for the future.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey there, Nancy.
Nice to meet you via Internet technology! My husband and I graduated from BJU in 1984. I received my BSN from BJU...small world! I have often thought about going back for my Masters so that I could teach in the Nursing department at BJU. In addition to homeschooling my 8 yo son, I work on a per diem basis in the local hospital's maternity department.

Everytime we are in Greenville, I long to move back down there...my husband and I lived there for almost 2 years after we were married.

May God bless and keep you as you continue to seek and serve Him.
Beth

LibGuides

Study like a Scholar

Happy Birthday, Darrell

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Digital slideshow customized with Smilebox

Cynthia's Apartment

Cynthia's Apartment

Map

States where members of our family have lived.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com